I was surfing Facebook today when I found an old friend. His name is Paul, and we met our first day of freshman band camp. We drifted apart after first year, but both ended up serving the UCLA Community Service Commission. He joined Best Buddies, and I was with Project WILD. He had a little paragraph update written about himself and it really hit me as a YMMD moment to see Paul continuing to serve communities as far away as in Costa Rica after graduation!
I like to smile.
I spent the last month in a small Costa Rican village where people smile a lot. I helped build 2km of sidewalk so that the kids can get to school safely. On the weekends I went to lots of awesome and romantic destinations that I'd rather have gone to on a honeymoon instead of with the 14 high school students whom I accompanied, but it was cool anyway.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment