Thursday, August 16, 2007

Drive By....Charity?

I wasn't looking forward to today. It would be my first drive alone. The drive would take me on a freeway and down some congested city streets. I had only been to my destination twice with other passengers.

Needless to say, I was anxious, so I prayed before I went.

The drive went off without a hitch!

THEN GUESS WHAT. I had parked my car and was scurrying over to the permit purchasing station when a man in a truck yelled something out his window from about 20 feet away. Muffled, I did not hear him clearly. It sounded like a question so I walked over a few more feet, and he said,

"Do you need a parking pass?"

I said, "yes."

He handed me his pass, saying it was good for the entire day! He smiled, I smiled. It was like he was enjoying making my day, and I was very much enjoying having my day made!

I had zero anxiety at my meeting and I found myself being even more friendly than usual to others :)

No comments: