Monday, July 16, 2007

I Gave You Three Quarters, You Gave Me Your Card

Ding....ding....dingding. The sound cut through the festive country music playing at Big Bubba's Bad BBQ. I turned my head to the left and saw a waitress, arms full of plates she had just cleared and an old man at the table. On the ground lay three quarters.

I looked at the quarters for a second then I picked them up, returning them to the old man's outstretched hand.

"Thank you, darlin'." I smiled then turned back to my meal.

About ten to fifteen minutes later, I felt a tap on my right shoulder. An older woman handed me a card. She said she had found it at her hotel. The card was a coupon for Big Bubba's. It read:

"Good for one free tower of onion rings worth $8 AND a bull ride worth $3!"

No comments: