Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thanks for Not Stealing My Sweater

Well, that sounds like an unhappy story, but really I'm REALLY HAPPY. This morning, I grabbed a bag that was too small to fit my hoodie into, so I draped it over my bag as I ran to class. I plopped myself down in my seat and proceeded to catch up with my Game Theory lecture. Once the initial heat rush of running to class subsided, I started to get cold. I reached down only to find my hoodie not there. I sat there imagining all the people walking up and down Bruin Walk. Would someone pick it up? Turn it in? Step on it? TAKE IT?

It was new and it wasn't cheap!

After class, I retraced my steps 2/3 of my way back home with disappointing results. I had two more classes, went to the library a couple more times then headed back home - scanning the ground. It was cold. I was clenching my fists so I could keep my fingers warm.

As I turned the bend at the Pauley driveway, I saw wrinkly blue material draped on a short pillar. It was my HOODIE! It was covered in dead leaf pieces and it looked like it had been run over by a car...or two, but it was still there!!! I quickened my pace and picked it up, snuggling it to keep my hands warm. Thanks for not taking my hoodie away from me, honest people!

No comments: