Huynh Nhu and Brandon, I love you two. Really, I do. These individuals are two of the most amazing and inspiring people I know - brilliant academics with heavy course loads, full time jobs with long hours of commuting and community service extracurriculars to boot. They don't have "free time".
Lately I've been feeling over-committed and they've helped me, talked me through it. Last night, Huynh Nhu and I had a talk in her car about being good to oneself and not trying to save the world single-handedly. Tonight, I had separate conversations with both of them that helped me come to terms with my feelings. If anyone could understand me right now, it'd be these two.
Their time is so precious, so to have them use it to help me and then on top of that, offer to meet with me more often, means a lot to me and has really made the past two of my days.
*Edit: As a follow-up, the next morning I checked my e-mail and Huynh Nhu and left me a e-mail greeting card that told me to "smile all day." Brandon sent me a text message saying that he hoped I was having a great morning. They made my day three days in a row!
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment