Nowadays, it seems like the only time you hear people say those words, it's if you're about to buy something. On Tuesday morning, this was not the case.
I had woken up especially early in order to help put up some new signboards around campus for Project WILD. I jumped in the car and we sped off to the flagpole turaround. I hauled a huge heavy wooden signboard past Kinsey, past Powell, up the stairs to the side of Powell. *klunk* I plopped it down.
I jogged back to the car because there was one left to do. We found a secret alleyway between Franz and CS and a path led uphill towards the main walkway. I didn't want my friend to get a parking ticket, so I just told her I could handle it on my own. Oh dear. I was trudging step by step. This board felt twice as heavy as before.
It must've been time for classes to get out because a small stream of people started exiting from the back of Franz. One girl holding a cup of coffee in her hands looked at me and said,
"Can I help you with that?" I was shocked, bewildered if you may. I must have said,
"Ohhh, no no, it's okay" but then I stopped walking.
"No, no no, let me just find a garbage can for this coffee."
She lifted from the back and I from the front. Her name was Jessica and we carried that sandwich board all the way to the front of CS. I thanked her, saying that she had totally made my day...
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment