We had just come back from a weekend in New York City. After four and a half hours on the bus, we arrived in Boston. We took a subway, transferred, then took another. Tired, we performed a delicate dance, trying to navigate our rolling suitcases through the corridors and up the stairs, without hitting other passengers in the shins.
It was at the last set of staircases before we surfaced at our destination. I lifted my suitcase strap and started up. My body leaned slightly to the left to counterbalance the weight. I heard a voice,
"Can I carry that for you?"
I whipped my head around. A young man (yeahh) smiled up at me, I gave him an awkward smile as I thought....
He took that awkward smile for a yes. He lightly took the suitcase from my hand and carried it without a word. We went up one flight, then we reached a landing - a crossroads. He asked, "Which way are you going?"
"Ooh, this way," I motioned, following Laura. I was following him glancing from his back to his hand carrying my bag, just stunned that someone else was carrying my suitcase. I stammered, "are you from Boston?" He said he was from Mexico. I said, "which part?" He said, "Cancun."
We had reached the top of the stairs. I just gave him a gushed smile and said, "thank you" with all the sincerity I could muster. "That was so kind of you."
And then he left....
having TOTALLY MADE MY DAY in Boston!
What a sweetheart!!!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment