Ever since I discovered that buying books online could save me a fortune, I have had to do this mental-calendar dance with myself. If I order my books today and the maximum amount of time it takes to get here is this... how many chapters will I have to read out of the library-copy before mine arrives, etc. Which libraries have the book on the shelf? If I request the book, can I risk the chance that the other person will return their copy on time?
It's crazy. I know.
So, this semester, I've been doing the dance. I ordered my books early and most have been trickling in on time, but one has been such a slow-poke! I need it to write my essay and that essay is due soon!
In a leap of faith (since I haven't really gotten as close to my classmates as I've wished) I sent out a mass e-mail to my class asking if anyone would let me borrow their book for our next lunch break. No exaggeration, a third of my class responded positively within a few hours. One said I could borrow the book for a few days! One even called me!
I feel closer to my classmates, without a word being said.
Feeling their support absolutely positively made my day!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment