Friday, December 16, 2005

Four Unexpected Surprises

Michelle C.'s Story: Dr. Pires

yesterday my ls 3 prof made my day...I was quite upset and ended up leaving the final and she offered to let me leave for 15 minutes and come back, I didn't taker her up on it, but science teachers at UCLA just don't do things like that, so her showing that she cared really made my day


Annie L.'s Facebook Story


i found my friend from 7th grade who moved away



Pasha's Story





Michelle's Story


I was in church today and the priest was talking about how doing little acts of kindness can have serious ripple effects. Mid-sermon, a guy about my age stood up and walked over towards a couple of us that were standing in the aisle, because there were no seats. He whispered, "one of you can take my seat over there." I stood immobilized and looked at the girl next to me. She took it.


To my surprise, the guy took her place standing next to me. I thought he had just been on his way out, but no, he just did that out of the kindness of his heart. In a hushed voice, I said, "that was a really nice thing of you to do" and he only smiled and looked away, refocusing on the priest.


I felt myself blush. I couldn't stop thinking about that guy on my way home and even after I just sat down at my desk. I had to write about it. Gosh. There are really good people in the world. I just hope that I can be one of them.

No comments: