Ivan's Story
One day I was going to buy a day permit for parking and was in a rush because I was late for a class, so I thought about running ahead to the machine where you buy the tickets. Suddenly I felt a cool comfort flow over me and a notion that things were going to be fine so I slowed down and just walked. When I got to the machine some people were already there in line. I thought, "oh great" every minute counts... but then a guy in a black sweater walked up to me and said, "hey, do you need this?" He handed me a permit because he was leaving.
If I had been in a rush, I would have probably already purchased the ticket, and not experienced the aura of complete courtesy from a stranger. The point here is not that I saved a buck even though the result here was economically sound, but that God rewards patience and trust. God works greatness through people like you and I everyday. =)
Michelle's Story
I was race-walking on my way to my last final today. I was late plus I needed to buy a blue book on the way. As I started walking down the side of Pauley, I saw a girl. She was blind, and she looked like she was a little lost by the Alumni Center. As I got closer, I was really torn, "Can I help her quickly? Do I have time?"
Another guy quickly entered my line of vision. He approached the lost girl, asked her if she needed help just as I whizzed by. He then proceeded to walk her the whole way to her destination. It was beautiful and really gave me something important to think of for the rest of my walk...
One day I was going to buy a day permit for parking and was in a rush because I was late for a class, so I thought about running ahead to the machine where you buy the tickets. Suddenly I felt a cool comfort flow over me and a notion that things were going to be fine so I slowed down and just walked. When I got to the machine some people were already there in line. I thought, "oh great" every minute counts... but then a guy in a black sweater walked up to me and said, "hey, do you need this?" He handed me a permit because he was leaving.
If I had been in a rush, I would have probably already purchased the ticket, and not experienced the aura of complete courtesy from a stranger. The point here is not that I saved a buck even though the result here was economically sound, but that God rewards patience and trust. God works greatness through people like you and I everyday. =)
Michelle's Story
I was race-walking on my way to my last final today. I was late plus I needed to buy a blue book on the way. As I started walking down the side of Pauley, I saw a girl. She was blind, and she looked like she was a little lost by the Alumni Center. As I got closer, I was really torn, "Can I help her quickly? Do I have time?"
Another guy quickly entered my line of vision. He approached the lost girl, asked her if she needed help just as I whizzed by. He then proceeded to walk her the whole way to her destination. It was beautiful and really gave me something important to think of for the rest of my walk...
No comments:
Post a Comment