(post-edit: 5/20/07)
That night, we had our annual Community Service Commission banquet with all 22 community service projects. Two tables were filled by us alone! Support and energy was high! Project WILD was second runner up to the Project of the Year Award by only one point! Project WILD had never gotten that close to winning the award ever so GREAT JOB WILD!
Farheen, our Commissioner, gave us each a huge hug because she knew how hard we had worked for our kids that year. We all knew that real prize was improving the program for the kids... it's "all for the kids" as we like to say.
But that's not the end!
Somehow, I managed to escape with an award: I was voted as
Most WILD Director!

Somehow, I managed to escape with an award: I was voted as
Most WILD Director!

I was running and dancing up to the stage like a crazy woman! They gave me a certificate and a toy tiger that ROARED when you pressed a button on it's belly. I felt so honored by my co-directors, my friends, to have been voted for the award. Seriously, my heart just about exploded!
The whole night was just an amazing SHAKEDOWN with the entire Community Service Commission. So, much love for the community in one room!
No comments:
Post a Comment