Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Running for an Invisible Stranger

On Monday, Jim, Tracy and I were running a little late to the Community Service Commission directors-in-transition workshop all the way down in Math Sciences. We threw open the doors of Acacia and walked briskly out of De Neve.

While I was busying myself chatting about the upcoming meeting and scanning the ground for things I could trip on, I spotted someone's Bruin Card on the ground. Someone glanced at their watch, then we glanced at each other.

Without much commotion Jim picked up the card and ran VERY FAST back to Dykstra's front desk and VERY FAST back to where we had been waiting for him. That girl on the card would never know how fast Jim ran, yet he did it anyway.

Community service can be right in our own dorms, right on our own campus. We can go out of our way for one another - - and still make it to our meeting on time ;D

No comments: